“knowledge is power”, this couldn’t be more true, especially in the design industry. The more you know, the more you can stay ahead of the curve, the more doors and opportunity are open in your life. Here we pick some amazing sites for architects and interior designers to learn some inspirational design stories, evolved and intelligent thoughts and industry trends;)
Architect Online – www.architectmagazine.com
– The magazine of the American Institute of Architects
– Provides resources for practicing architects
Skyscraper City – www.skyscrapercity.com
-Includes an events section
-Must register at the website in order to join the forum’s discussion
DesignBoom – www.designboom.com
– The site is divided into eight different sections: design-aerobics(online design courses), competitions, interviews, art, architecture, design,technology and “shop”.
– Publishing original content as fast as possible, and welcome all submissions which include sketches, pictures from the making process; plans, sections, or elevations.
– Provides extensive architecture and design.
– Related news, solutions and sustainable product information.
-Inhabitat tracks innovations in technology, practices and materials that are pushing architecture and home design towards a smarter and more sustainable future. At Inhabitat, they believe that all design should be inherently “Green” -By signing up for anInhabitat account you will have access to submitting comments, stories, events,and listings.
– The World’s most visited architecture website
– ArchDaily is easily categorized into six tabs: selected works, ArchDaily software, books & magazines, ArchDaily classics, interviews, and their building of the year competition.And because they are always on the search for the most up-to-date content, they gladly accept your new projects, news, awards, or event submissions.
-Dezeen site is divided into three main categories, architecture, design, interiors; but also explores a plethora of quirky ideas such as architecture movies. Interested in seeing your work on Deezen? They welcome submissions from architects and designers.
Architizer – www.architizer.com
– Architizer is a social network built exclusively for architecture. Through its user-generated database, the architectural-interested community has access to sharing projects with peers, fans, and potential clients.
– The site is easily divided into projects, people, firms, and products, where you can then narrow your search.
– Architizer runs competitions, lists jobs, and its blog publishes the most relevant design content on the web. You too can build an online portfolio, and get your projects on the Architizer’s map.